Off piste Skiing
We believe nothing is more exhilarating than gliding across pristine, untouched powder and carving our own trails through a pristine mountain landscape. From finding the best powder on the mountain to learning the essential skills on your first ski tour, we can help. With UK Mountain Guides we offer a variety of courses and programs with some of the top guides and instructors in the industry.
Why employ a guide?
- Snow conditions: In order to maximise the enjoyment and minimize the risks we thoroughly review the snow conditions each day.
- Fantastic scenery: Enjoy the incredible views of the real backcountry and immerse yourself in nature with like minded people.
- Equipment: learn how to use the correct equipment to its full potential
- Avalanche training: From novice through to expert we consider avalanche education as an ongoing process.
Skiing away from a resort area involves a degree of risk which a guide can manage and minimise for you. Mitigating avalanche and crevasse risk is very important; our goal is to maintain a high level of safety and enjoyment for all.
The UK Mountain Guides offer off-piste guiding throughout the Western Alps including:
- Chamonix and all surrounding areas
- Tarentaise including: Espace Killy, Paradiski and the 3 Valleys
- Zermatt and Saas Fee
- Zinal and Grimentz Powder
- Vallee Blanche, Chamonix
- Monte Rosa powder
- Gulmarg, Kashmir, India